Below are my top 10 leadership quotes for the month of October. Which quote inspires you the most? What would you add to the list?
10. You don’t have to hold a position in order to be a leader. —Henry Ford, founder of the Ford Motor Company
9. I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion. —Alexander the Great, former king of Macedonia
8. The single biggest way to impact an organization is to focus on leadership development. There is almost no limit to the potential of an organization that recruits good people, raises them up as leaders and continually develops them. —John Maxwell
7. If you want to improve the organization, you have to improve yourself and the organization gets pulled up with you. —Indra Nooyi, Pepsi CEO
6. He who has never learned to obey cannot be a good commander. —Aristotle
5. If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader. —John Quincy Adams
4. Success isn’t about how much money you make; it’s about the difference you make in people’s lives. —Michelle Obama, former First Lady of the United States
3. In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. —Thomas Jefferson
2. The supreme quality of leadership is integrity. —Dwight Eisenhower
Drum roll please..........
1. Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy. —Norman Schwarzkopf
I look forward to reading your comments and hearing about your favorite leadership or success quotes.
Please contact us today for a free consultation. At Apogee, we work with entities to strengthen their pipeline of leaders. Based in Cleveland, Ohio, we specialize in helping others lead through change and we offer premier leadership training programs and experiences. We welcome the opportunity to help you grow your team and/or you in the areas of leadership and personal growth. Find out more at apogeeleader.com/development.
That's it for now. Until the next tip...
Founder & CEO
For more leadership tips please subscribe to my mailing list and share with your friends. Thanks.
Mobile users can go to https://www.apogeeleader.com and click on "Contact" to subscribe.